Saturday, March 8, 2008

Writing

i know that everyone wants to be a writer, i remember for a week when i was in 6th grade i was obsessed with being a really good writer (i am talking like publishing a memoir writer not hamlet or something), so i looked for a story i could copy and put in our junior high schools yearly book of short stories, i finally found one that i could semi-memorize and i wrote it again in class and gave it to the teacher to look at. now only a few of the stories the kids wrote got published in the book like 20 out of 500 kids so it was kinda a big deal to get your story in and i remember my teacher reading it and telling me it would get in for sure. i was really happy but sort of depressed in the inside knowing it was my story, especially when everyone told me how good it was.


its depressing for me now because i really do want to become a writer someday even though art is really true calling i would love to write a memoir about my life. not to be conceited or anything but i have some pretty interesting stories. i mean i am like one of those people that really talks to myself in my head and says funny things. i wasn't always like that but in 3rd grade after i had read way to many books for my i age i started doing it and it started to become an unbreakable habit.


i am really sad though because high school has taught me how to skim and skimming books sucks because you don't really get the passion of what the writer is really trying to say when you skip every other word. that's why i was cursed and now have to read out loud if i want to really get everything out of a book.

No comments: